Monday, January 7, 2008

Closing in on 1,000

After my yo-yo month, I am coming very close to the 1,000 mark. After I get to 1,000, I will be staked for the .25-.50 game. I think that this is where the competition will start to really stiffen up, as this level is popular for the hardcore low limit young guys. Most of the good players move up pretty quickly though, and 50.00 buy in is a limit where lots of "normal" people feel comfortable playing. And normal people are horrible at poker so that's good news.

I am bracing myself for a failed attempt though, and am mentally prepared to drop back down if I have to. Of course I actually have to get there first....

One thing I am going to keep doing though is mixing up what I am playing. My staple will be 4-tabling the NLHE tables, but throwing in some of those turbo SNG's and some low limit PLO8 really helps keep me fresh for when I sit at the NLHE tables I think. I am planning on playing a pretty straightforward TAG gameplan as my base, and adjusting as necessary to the table and players. I am not sure where this will take me in the next year, but I am just hoping to continue my gradual ascension up the limits...

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Great work, Marsh, so gratifying to see that kind of success in such a relatively short period of time.

Marshall said...

Thanks dude, your support is much appreciated as always.