Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hell of a Night

I haven't had time to update the spreadsheet since the weekend, but I do have all of my many entries written down. The weekend was insane. I posted some of the hands over at That's Not Poker. It was a very up and down weekend, and it ended with me being down. I finished at about 560.00, which was actually quite good considering the roller coaster I was on.

FF to last night, 12-10. I played my normal 4 tables, and was doing fine. Did lose a hand with JJ vs AA, and then had a set of 7's cracked by a Royal Flush. But I was grinding it out and ended about even for the session I think. Then a guy sits down at my table that changed the whole night.

He gets into some action on his first hand but ends up folding. On the next hand, I pick up AA in EP, and bring it in for a normal raise. He ships for almost a full buy in. Folds to me and I call. He has Q9, a eventually makes a straight, cracking my AA. Pretty damn lucky, but it happens. So I reload and start play again. It's apparent immediately that he is going to be shipping a lot. He has an INSANE run, where he cracks AA a total of 3 times within 45 min, with Q9, Q8, and Q5. He runs his stack from 20.00 to 220.00 in less than one hour, and ~100.00 of it was from me. I got my money in pretty damn good against him 3 times and he sucked out each time, and I got it in when I was way behind once too.

Now I was pretty tilty but one think I know about these guys is that they never just pick up and leave, they always give it all back. So I resisted the urge to mix it up with him too much, and just picked my spots against him. I eventually worked my stack up to 150.00, and when he finally gave away the last of his stack, I was at 129.00, showing a slight profit. Very stressful and crazy situation.

One note, is that I broke a Ferguson Rule by having (way) more than 10% of my roll on the table at one time. I have no regret in this though, as I had snugged WAY up and wasn't going to get my money in unless I was a substantial favorite. If I had a hand that I thought was the best hand, I would just check call him all the way. I got him like this with 2 pair twice. Nice sized pots and I didn't have to put my whole stack at risk. I picked up JJ once and brought in in, he RR me pre, and I flat called just wanting to see a flop. Flop was QQ3. This is an uber safe flop IMO for JJ, and I led at the pot. He came over the top for a pot sized bet, which was pretty big at this point, and it was pretty obvious that he was going to the felt with his hand regardless of anything else. If I had had one buy in on that table, I am going with him, but since I didn't want to jeopardize over 5 buy ins at once, I folded. Not exactly optimal poker, but all I needed was a nut hand to get his money.

I played 10 10 and flopped top set but he actually folded when I pot bet the turn OOP.

Crazy run on a crazy night. I will try to grab some of the highlight hands when I can. Crazy shit dogggg.

1 comment:

royalbacon said...

That is some crazy ass shit.