Saturday, December 22, 2007

Back up to 600!

Not to get too excited here, but I am back up to 600.00! I have been floating around for quite a while, and have decided to try some tweaking and tonight it worked out well. I will continue with the tweaks as I continue.

The tweaks:
Tighten up starting hand range slightly. I have felt lately like I have been seeing a few too many flops, so I am going to slightly narrow my starting range down.

Try to be sure I have the best hand when I get a significant amount of money in the pot. Seems simple, but I think I have been calling a bit too often with the 2nd best hand lately. I try to push smallish edges a bit too far I think, and should really be simplifying my game and just getting a lot in there when I have it and backing down when I don't. It's hard for me to do, because I want to just ram and jam at every opportunity, but I think it's in my bankrolls best interest to do it this way.

Thats about it, but it does feel good to be back at 600. I didn't get to to go FNP tonight, but this will have to do.

Now I have to figure a way to actually stay above the 600 mark..stay tuned.

2 comments:

jason said...

NICE JOB MARSH TO GET ABOVE $600!

Looks like you have hit a plateau though as you have been stuck around $600 for quite a while.

Here are some things that have been working for me.

Multi tabling. I know you already do this. My starting hands are pretty tight except from the button. I just don't get bored when I multi table.

Go away if you double up, unless you are with donks that are reloading. I know this is somewhat counter intuitive. I get very little action when I become a monster stack. It is OK if you want to slowly build a stack but no one seems to give you action unless they have a monster.

Call down min bettors and then bluff the river. There are not many of these folks but the guys that min bet, the flop, turn and river almost always have weak holdings.

Good luck and lets both get to four figures!

Marshall said...

Good advice Jase, especially about the big stack part. I have absolutely noticed this too, I think the amount of action you get is inversely proportional to your stack size. Less chips = more action.

That being said, I am not really willing to be a short stacker, I don't want to give up that value. But yes once I double up I have been leaving the table and getting on a new one unless something compels me to stay.

Yes 600 has been a very tough hurdle for me for some reason. It just seems like at the right times I catch a beat that keeps me down below that mark. It's been a really tough run, but I think I will run better soon and break through to the higher limits. I am probably fortunate to be treading water considering how I have been running to be honest..